3GS 3.1 -> 3.0 downgrade tomorrow

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rendez2k, Sep 13, 2009.

1. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

For those that backed up their data using Cydia, Saurik has just posted this on Twitter:

Theres hope for all us idiots yet :D

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

He doesn't say that the baseband will be downgraded. Not sure about the unlock possibilities, but you may be able to JB.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The baseband won't be downgraded because, as everyone says, it is impossible to downgrade the baseband. This solution will just sign the 3.0.x firmware, allowing you to do a restore from iTunes, just like you can for the 3G.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep, there are goona be lots & lots of the "I couldn't wait and updated to 3.1" gang who are never gonna be happy.

Back to AT&T or paperweight mode

5. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

I think a lot of people would rather a 3.1 JB, but this is great for people that can't live without their JB stuff. Kudos to Saurik.

7. Deano.uk macrumors regular

Deano.uk

i upgraded to 3.1 foolishly by rushing in... lost tethering which i do use quite a bit and a few jailbreak tweaks. (blank dock, %age next to battery, file downloads of 10meg+ for podcasts/apps).

So i downgraded (iPhone 3g) back to 3.0.1. 3.1 doesnt add enough to warrant upgrading to for me personally... not really bothered about phishing/genius mixes.