3GS 3.1.3 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by esadb, Jul 10, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Been doing some research and looking into jailbreaking/flashing a 3GS thats running 3.1.3 with modem 5.12.01. This is a stock 3GS.

Any of you guys have advice for me which is the easiest and most reliable in order to achieve the jailbreak and then unlock with ultrasn0w

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The only way for you to accomplish this on a stock 3GS with 3.1.3 is to jailbreak with Spirit and then unlock by installing ultrasn0w from Cydia. Tutorials here.

3. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

So spirit is actually trustworthy and wont brick the phone?

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Barring hardware failure, it is not possible to brick an iPhone. But, yes, Spirit is reliable.

5. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Thanks for your help.

I read on the spirit website that it needs to be iTunes earlier than version 9.2? Im using a mac to jb the iphone and im currently on 9.2, that complicates things? I dont see what itunes has to do with it as in the tutorial it doesnt mention anything about iTunes..

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You will have to downgrade to a previous version of iTunes. There is an incompatibility between the Spirit jailbreak and iTunes 9.2 which prevents proper syncing of the phone.

7. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Thanks a lot for your help. Ill give it a try and get a hold of a older version of iTunes :)

Thanks again mate!

8. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Another question once i jailbreak i dont have to do a ssh backup or anything i can just straight go to cydia and run ultrasn0w?

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    But if cydia asks you when it first loads to click "make my life easier" you should click it.
    It will save all your SHSh's from now on.