3GS 3.2.1 stuck on Connect to itunes screen & non-supported SIM

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pthitman, Nov 21, 2011.

1. pthitman macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

my 3GS is on the "Connect to iTunes" screen after restoring it. It's SIM locked and I can't access it without a supported SIM. How do I get out of this mode and continue to unlock it? Preferably to the highest version possible without tethering....

Thanks a lot!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I believe you have either a 3.1.2 or 4.2.1 fw and not 3.2.1 because it is not exist.

You can use redsn0w to hactivate it so you can by pass screen and bring your phone to its home screen.

3. pthitman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer! In the mean time I used the original SIM from my roommate. I'd still like to update to newest fw possible and unlock the phone. But there's been numerous problems with this: to begin, I can't restore the fw to a higher version (device isn't eligible for requested build). And to continue, I'd have to find a way to jailbreak and unlock without using the power button, as that doesn't work.

I hope there's an answer to this! Thanks!

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Which firmware version did you pick when Itunes give you that message (Device isn't eligible for requested build)? You get this message when you try to restore to a fw that Apple is no longer signed.