3GS 4.0 jailbreak issues - spirit

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scottjames1uk, Jul 3, 2010.

1. scottjames1uk macrumors newbie

I jail broke my iPhone ages ago with spirit, since then I mistakenly uograded to 4.0, I believe there is a downgrade to 3.2 then I can jailbreak again on 4.0. I tried this today and apparently I have to change a file name In The 'etc' folder in windows. The problem is the pc won't let me change it and says I need to be administrator of which I am. Is there any help out there. I am a Mac and pc user so any jailbreak would be appreciated.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

Copy the file to your desktop, edit it, and then drag it back and overwrite the existing one

4. scottjames1uk thread starter macrumors newbie

3gs

I tried that already but it just saves as a text file. Is there anyway it can be done on a Mac? I am usually ok with jail breaking and have been able to do it before loads of times. It's a bit frustrating now not being able to.

5. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

yes, edit the etc/hosts file on a mac

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you didn't save your shsh file on 3gs you are sol as far as downgrading. this is why people keep talking about it on the 3GS and now the iPhone 4. anything 3G and before no biggie 3GS and on SHSH is the future! you are just stuck for now sorry op! most of the jailbreaks are close to being released so it shouldn't be long.