3Gs-->4G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewjh07, Jun 2, 2010.

1. andrewjh07 macrumors member

Sorry if this has been asked, but is the general consensus that people who bought 3Gs the day they came out will be able to upgrade to subsidized price 4G? I recall they did something like this for 3G-3Gs

2. Surely Guest

Surely

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I upgraded on launch day for every single iPhone but for some reason I am listed as eligible for an upgrade on 01/01/2011!

I am extremely pissed about it, called AT&T and they couldn't give me a reason why this was the case. Going to try calling back tomorrow to see if I get someone with more brains on the phone.

Not to mention, I am pretty pissed at AT&T giving me the shaft on my 3G iPad plan.

4. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

5. Surely Guest

Surely

The easiest way to check, which will provide the clearest info, is to sign into your wireless account on att.com

6. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

If u call and it tells u that u qualify a different date they tell u then fight it as hard as u can but don't be rude and hopefully u find someone that's helpful!

7. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Purchased 3G on launch day.
    Purchased 3GS on launch day but wasn't eligible for upgrade. Apple then issued refunds to people who spent a certain amount per month on their bill. I received a refund.

According to AT&T's site, and *639#, I am eligible for an upgrade with the $18 fee waived.

The gf, who is on a family plan with me, purchased a 3G in April of last year and isn't eligible for full subsidized pricing until December. She is eligible, however, for a partial discount.

8. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

What does this mean for me:
    Im elligible 03/09/2011
    we can offer a discounted upgrade at a higher price with a 2 year agreement and 18$ upgrade fee.
    What does this mean for me?

9. bmms8 macrumors 68020

399/499

10. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Thanks, didnt want to be ignorant but wanted to confirm at the same time :p

Do you guys think its worth it?
    I would be selling my 1 year old 3GS

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Considering that even with a higher price. If you sell your 3GS as I likely will, you'll still come out now having to shell out money for the new iPhone.

For me I'll have to see the new specs of the coming iPhone first and really evaluate it.

Since I got the iPad my iPhone has been getting less usage. That's another topic though.

If you get a great price for your 3GS I'd say go for it.

12. AppleFreak89 macrumors regular

ATT does special upgrades for iphone. Although you won't be eligible for an upgrade you get some credit. The way it works is you will have to pay $200 more than if you were eligible for an upgrade.. its not much but its something.

13. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

What does this mean "An upgrade may be available on 06/24/2010"

May be available ???