iPhone 3GS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 trough 4.1 blob?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jcarlberg, Aug 3, 2013.

1. jcarlberg, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

jcarlberg macrumors newbie

I am to tired now to write down everything again as i have done on other communities (normaly not active in any) but i will do my best, lol :p

I was given an 3GS with unknown version of iOS from my old job, i have not used the phone til today because it was password locked and no store could fix it (except the carrier store of course "second row in this post)).

I updated the phone with iTunes to latest 6.1.3 and notice it was carrier locked (of course...).

Fixed down redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3 and installed 6.1.3 again trying to get it hacktivated but it did not work.

Then i tried to downgrade it with
    iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore, did a installation with redsn0w and yes it worked, it got Jailbroken tethered.

After that a tried Sydia evasi0n 6.0-6.1.2 Untether, but it would not work because it is stil on 6.1.3...

Sorry for my English i am Swedish :), esp now when i am tired and just wanna get rid of this problem.

What i understand i need 6.1.2 blobs but because i did not know that i should do a blob backup i am now in this state, i used iFaith and got 6.1.3 (ofcourse) and 4.1 ( seems that was the version it had before, or?) so, ye. Help me!? :) :/

ps: is it weird that after i installed (or tried) 6.0 it was not in any need of activation with a valid sim card even when it is stil on 6.1.3?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You didn't downgrade to iOS 6.0, you only jailbroke the current 6.1.3 installation. You cannot go to 6.1.2 without SHSH blobs. Use TinyUmbrella, redsn0w, iFaith, or Cydia to check which SHSH blobs that device has on file with Cydia.

3. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

Use snowbreze to make a custom ispw, iOS 6.1.3, with cydia and hacktivation... Then install ultrasn0w so you can unlock it! You will lose notifications but those can be set again with SAM (google the tutorial)

4. jcarlberg, Aug 3, 2013

jcarlberg thread starter macrumors newbie

Corrected the grammar on my post.

I wrote on my post that i recovered the 4.1 and 6.1.3 blob.

I will check it after i have been playing with my little daughter :).

The phone is for my daughter so she can listen to music and play couple of games so hope it works :)

5. jcarlberg thread starter macrumors newbie

6. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

I think I'm not mistaking if I say snowbreze handles the flashing part and you don't need iTunes? If not flash it with redsnow

7. jcarlberg, Aug 3, 2013

I have been working with this all day, and spec when i do not really know what i am doing :p.

Anyway i can not use "Select IPSW" because it is not supported by Redsn0w, and with Custom i need blobs.

And if i pick "Select IPSW" and back to "Jailbreak" the "next" button is grey because the iPhone is now all dead, happend before but i could click on "next" so it maybe was in "Black screen".

Hmm, what to do now.

Edit: And yes it is in Pwned DFU mode, new BR.

Edit2: Home + Power for 15 sec = Alive!

But each time i try "Select IPSW" with the unsupported IPSW it will just go all Black.

8. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

Did you make it with snowbreze? If yes then install tinyumbrela and activate the TSS server, then go to iTunes hold shift and click retore

9. jcarlberg, Aug 3, 2013

Yes a did, but there is no restore or update or whatsoever button on iTunes as a wrote above, i do now know why.

Edit:

I found the menu using Ctrl + S, trying custom restore now.

But why would i wanna have tinyumbrella server going when i am doing this? to fetch the new blob? if so i can do that after.

Edit2: iTunes gave me the Code -11, it seems because i used tinyumbrella while restoring it messed everything up, now my phone is in "iTunes update" state and even without umbrella i can not restore.

Will try restore to old IPSW version and do it all over again, of course in another way.

Edit3: Fixed the "Recovery mode@ with tinyumbrella.

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Not clear what state your phone is in.

You can try a hard reset by holding home and power until it restarts.

What i understand from your previous post is that you are on 6.1.3 and are jailbroken.

If you don't have blobs that is the only 1 or 4.1

So what exactly are you trying to achieve???

11. jcarlberg thread starter macrumors newbie

As you would know if you read my posts i fixed that.

I was trying to get to 6.1.2 either directly or trough 4.1 and DGPMaluco said i could use Snowbreeze to make a custom IPSW.

12. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

First question, do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.2 for that iPhone?

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3GS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 trough 4.1 blob?

I did read it, as you stated you only have blobs for 6.1.3 (for which no blobs are needed as it is the currently signed firmware) and 4.1 which also is still signed by apple for the 3gs and no blobs are needed.

You can try until you are blue in the face, without blobs for 6.1.2 it can't be done.

Maybe a little less play and paying a bit more attention to the people that are trying to help you would have saved you and us a lot of time

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It doesn't matter if you're on 4.1 or ios 7.
    Without full shsh blobs for that specific device you cannot restore to 6.1.2 ever.

15. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

16. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

17. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

So if it's just meant to be a device purely used for entertainment for your daughter, no phone calls, text messages or mobile data, you could theoretically activate it on 6.1.3 by simply borrowing a correct SIM card from a person with the right carrier and then activating it via iTunes. Once that's done, you can remove the SIM an your daughter may use the phone basically like an iPod touch.

18. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

You can hacktivate on 6.1.3 that is what I'm trying to help the OP do

19. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

He already did that.... he wanted to go to 6.1.2 which is impossible without full blobs.

In his first post he already states it works, is tethered on 6.1.3 and activated....

20. jcarlberg thread starter macrumors newbie

And where did i state that i was trying to use 6.1.3 blob for downgrading?

I did not know that Apple still sign 4.1 and i was just asking in my title if i could go that way to get 6.1.2.

Can not understand how i am playing and not paying attention, if you have eyes you can see that i try my best, i have got very little response (not that i am in tittle to it).

But if i am on 6.1.3 i can not get to 6.1.2 because of the missing blob.
    If i am on 4.1 i can not get to 6.1.2 because of?

Anyway, now i have read so much information on 50 websites and installed, hacked, whaked etc so i am little confused on what i have done, but now when i am trying to Boot the phone with Redsn0w to get it tethered again after it was off the phone just get stuck in Black screen, and i am using same 6.1.3 IPSW, so i have done something along the way.

Regards

----------

That is fantastic!!....

That is fully true, the reason for this is maybe more if i wanna sell it in the future, but then it may be so out of date that people do not even buy it :p

Edit: Can i still do that even if it is tethered?

That is done.

21. jcarlberg, Aug 3, 2013

New post so no one will miss it.

Because i can not get untethered yet there is no use to have it jailbroken tethered. (not even jailbroken?, if that is possible without tethered it somehow.)

Is it best to restore it to original state and fix a Telenor sim card and activate it?

I need to pay order one then because no one i know use them.

And thanks for all help.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes. You can just restore to stock 6.1.3 and use the carriers sim that the phone is locked to in order to activate.

23. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

I have a 3GS on 6.1.3, custom made with snowbreze and I can reboot without connecting to the pc

24. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

I have a 3GS on 6.1.3, custom made with snowbreze and I can reboot without connecting to the pc

25. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Why post this twice ?

Obviously, you have an old bootrom 3GS, it is always untethered