3GS - 6 dead pixels!! warranty replacement??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antster94, May 7, 2010.

1. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

Hey guys,

so bascally my iPhone has 6 dead pixels. I find this completely unacceptable nowadays. However, I am worried that they will not replace it as I have a cluster of chips/deep scratches on the top right corner from a drop onto concrete and the sleep button developed some play from that fall. Will the apple store still replace it? The dead pixels came up before the drop, dropped it day after I discovered them :'(

thanks,
    anthony

2. gdlcjr macrumors regular

try going to Apple, you will not lose anything. the worst thing that could happen, they did not replace it.

3. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

If you get a guy in a good mood he'll replace your unit. I had my original iphone replaced 3x a few years back because of stupid stuff.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I think it is unlikely they will replace it due to the damage, but it doesn't hurt to try.

5. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Yeah next time I'm in an apple store I'll ask them. I'll also say that I've bought several macs and iPods (which I have) and hopefully they will see me as a valuable customer and replace it :)

6. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

yeah they will replace it. I have replaced my iphone with one dead pixel before. and i had some big dents on my iphone. i am really picky. i have had about 5 replacements and looking to go to the apple store for a 6th cos of so much dust build up under my screen

7. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

sorry to double post. if i was you i wouldnt just drop in. Book an appointment on apples website. if you just go in they will tell you that you need an appointment no matter what

8. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Ok will do, I can't go to the store for a while as I have exams but once they are over I will set up an appointment then.