3GS a day @ the zoo photo's etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by labman, Jun 21, 2009.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

I took the 3GS too the zoo yesterday. I wanted to have a little fun I also brought my Canon G10 point and shoot Btw just to be real the G10 is arguably the best point and shoot out right now, actually there are about 3 out right now that are about equal it's a $450 camera so this is not comparing them per say. I had a DSLR canon 40D before this and I don't really miss it much. G10 was left in Auto mode in all cases for this I never shoot that way but I wanted to be as fair as possible

I took the 3GS the G10 tried to take similar shots animals did not always cooperate though. also Saturday is not the best day to go to the Zoo to run photo field test. ;) had to give up allot of photo spots to young kids lol.

Side Note I ran the 3GS with Pandora for about a hour and Ipod mode for music for a total of about 4 hours pretty heavy use camera and Video this was while using my Bluetooth headphones BTW music shut off when ever I went into video mode one time I heard the sounds in my headphones. but in the end battery life was 65%

also took 2 apps to play with Digital zoom really built in Cropping don't let them fool you! Zoom in doesn't work my guess it's a 3.0 issue so wasted 99 cents there Izoom was the other works ok but like I said really a auto cropper

ok lets get started in all photo below 3GS shots will be 1st with then I will post a Izoom shot fallowed by G10 unless noted.

ok appears Izoom didn't do the job either apeard to save the photo's but I have non to show now I will play with this app more.

G10 to be fair was on Auto mode and tried not to use the zoom to try to equeal the two out. I am using the G10 more to show for a cell phone the camera is really good.

[​IMG]

G10
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below shots are though Acrylic almost impossible to get a good shot if you are even off a little bit. also very dark where the chimp was with light coming in from out side this was basically a photographers worst night mare.

[​IMG]

G10
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

G10
    [​IMG]

2. xxshawnxx macrumors member

3. Kallel00 macrumors member

While your post is nice to see how well the 3GS can do for quick snapshots (considering it's a cell phone), a d-SLR would give you way better shots than those posted here (provided you had a good lens). However, a d-SRL can't fit in my jeans backpocket like the Iphone can :D

4. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

A few more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    G10
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just wanted to throw this in no G10 Shot
    [​IMG]

I will post more and do more if there is a interest in it..

5. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

Not going to lie, the iPhone 3GS had some really good pictures for a camera phone. I really like the picture of the snake. :)

6. Dermot81 macrumors member

I think it would be helpful to label which shots are by the iPhone like you did with the g10. On that snake photo, is the unlabelled one the iPhone? It looks identical to the one by the g10.

Edit: nevermind, looks like maybe you posted the same picture twice before. I can clearly tell which is which now

7. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

Nah the iPhone one is good, but its way overexposed and the water droplets aren't as distinct. Althought I could easily mistake the iPhone for a cheaper point and shoot camera.

8. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

Yep

Copy and paste were abit of a pain sorry about that! I will add I quickly got used to the touch to focus on the 3GS and missed it on the $450 camera.