Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qpid360

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Pasadena, CA
Ever since I updated the ipcc to 5.5, the phone's been acting kinda goofy. It's been a bit sluggish in opening/closing apps. It's hung on apps a couple of times. When I tried to scroll through my iPod song list, the screen starts to shake up and down. When I reboot, the phone won't register my taps to enter my password.

After a hard reset, it seems to be working okay, but who knows if symptoms will start again. Anyone else experiencing weird issues like this?

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
doubt the 5.5 carrier update caused that...

the carrier update is about 10 KB and only changes how the iPhone accesses the carrier's cellular data network, nothing else.

that said, I have a 3GS on 3.1 and for the first time a few days ago I had an issue where my phone shut off because of low battery, even thought it was actually 75%. a hard reset wouldn't work, so I charged it for 10 minutes and when it came back on I had 90% battery power, thats the only issue i've had.

you might have to do a New Restore on your phone, and not from a backup

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.