3gs activated microSim with unlimited data should plug and play into iphone4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinedoc77, Jun 18, 2010.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Just curious. I have a 3gs that I swapped out to have a microSim via a miniSim adapter (I use the SIM in my ipad) and it's fully activated on a voice and unlimited data plan.

I wonder what the chances are that I can just pop the card into the iphone4 and use it without changing my plan or more importantly losing the unlimited data.

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

I am not sure what you are asking here since, if you have the iPhone Unlimited or any AT&T Smartphone unlimited plan you can keep it moving to the iPhone 4. Note for other Smartphone plans you have to switch to the $30 iPhone Unlimited data plan. Even the original iPhone ($20) plan is covered, you just have to upgrade to the $30 iPhone Unlimited Data plan if you move to the iPhone 4. :D

Thousands and thousands of us were able to pre-order and able to keep our existing iPhone data plans. Depending what your current data plan was, it was hard to even select one of the new Data plans. I know, because I must of ordered 100's of virtual orders before I ended up with two in the magic basket for checkout. :eek:

Dave

3. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

That's good to hear, I was under the impression that resigning my 2 year to get the subsidized iphone4 would force me into one of the new data plans. Looks like I don't have to worry then.

4. twitchtwice macrumors member