3gs ALREADY broken?! -- strange crash behavior i guess?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WannaGoMac, Jun 27, 2009.

1. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

So have used my 3gs for 48 hours. Took a picture and emailed someone. I was in the rain, but maybe a few drops rain touched the screen before I wiped it off and put it back in my pocket.

Now the iphone wont turn on nor respond to plugging in??

WTF!?

Oh wow, Just held down power and home to do a reset and it rebooted.
    But it was really weird how it crashed and didnt respond to me holding down the power button until i also held down the home button.

Is this how the iPhone crashes?

2. mrowl macrumors regular

reset it by holding down the home button and sleep button for at least 7 seconds

3. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Phew, thanks i just got told this by a friend. So this is how the iPhone crashes eh?

4. fygy5 macrumors newbie

A few drops on the screen wont do a thing. I have soaked my phone in the rain to the point it keep getting errors saying this device wasn't meant for the iphone. I just blew out the dock connector and let dry for an hour and all was good. I'd try holding the home and power buttons down for 15 seconds to force power off then press power to see if it come back on. If nothing happens take back to apple store for replacement cause you got a bad phone.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There's a water sensor in the headphone jack, so make sure no water gets in there or it voids your warranty.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

also

I know this sounds dumb but poor some (dry) rice in a bowl of the rice has the natural ability to draw any moister around it. this is agood trick for any electronic item that gets wet that shouldn't. leave it in over night.Good luck!

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Don't forget to put the iPhone in the bowl :D

8. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Yea this rice thing is well known, Nothings dumb when trying to get your iPhone to work again.

9. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

I sure hope it's not crazy sensitive. A few drops of water on the screen shouldn't cause you to trigger the sensor as it shouldn't do any harm.
    However, this sensor I remembered at the time and I was thinking it was triggered and I was shocked it turned off my phone or something...

It probably just crashed during sending thepic or something

10. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Its not an electronic sensor. It is chemical.
    But ya, the rice bowl trick worked for me with my camera a few weeks ago. Always have rice! lol