3GS and 3.0 - but it still doesn't do something so basic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ss957916, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

When there's a phone number in an email, on a webpage, in a text etc., it's great that you can give it a tap and call it.

But why oh why doesn't it also have the option to Save to Contacts?

2. theman510 macrumors 6502

Once you dial it, doesn't it save to your "dialed calls", and then you can save it as a contact from there?

3. YoungLew macrumors regular

in a text it does

you just press the arrow pointing right and eventually you get to a screen that says "call" "text message" and "create new contact"

4. ss957916 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's if you want to save the number of the person texting you - not if you want to save a number written in a text.

Copy and paste wouldn't work in the eBay app (it wanted to copy the entire email or nothing).

And I didn't want to dial it - I wanted to save it to contacts and text guy.

5. pugnut macrumors 6502a

There is a simply way

After the call is completed , go to call history and create a new contact.

6. JeffBalls macrumors newbie

Actually...

If you press down on the number and wait for a second, it will give you the option to call, copy, add new contact, or save to existing one. Voilà! Problem solved. You're welcome. :)

7. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

Ummm...have you tried holding your finger on the number in question? At that point you get a pop-up with the choice to: call, text, create new contact, and add to existing contact.

I'm doing this right now with a number embedded in a email I received that isn't even a phone number at all but just a series of numbers (a tracking number for fedex). Am I misunderstanding you?

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's what I was going to say. Just tap and hold... problem solved.

9. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

You are wrong. People have texted other peoples numbers to me and I can add them to a contact just fine.

10. BobboZR2 macrumors regular