3gs and iMovie

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boblister, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Boblister macrumors 6502a

Anyone know how to get a movie from iPhone 3gs to iMovie?? Nothing appears in the iMovie menus.

2. arpiuk macrumors newbie

sync 3GS videos

well, just found out that videos taken on the 3GS syncs with iPhoto, which is surprising, as iPhoto has no VIDEO submenu, whilst iTunes has, but it won't sync it there.

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

iPhoto has always supported movie clips taken on digital cameras.

4. dagomike macrumors 65816

Yeah, it's weird. No edit to iMovie. Just quicktime, which is kind of pointless if you don't have Pro.

5. GTDaveMac macrumors regular

iMovie's event library has a direct link to iPhoto Videos, which shows them all sorted by date.

Very easy way to incorporate these movies into projects.

6. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

you probably shouldn't be editing any video taken with your phone in iMovie. It kinda wouldn't be worth it you know?

7. hoopyfitz macrumors member

The new quicktime thats coming with snow leopard has editing for everyone i think...They might be anticipating that.

8. Boblister thread starter macrumors 6502a

Replies appreciated. I managed to get it into iMovie via iPhoto. iMovie showed it landscape even though I had takes the test vid in portrait. Good job iMovie has a rotate function.

9. Boblister thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not sure why it's not worth it. If I want to cut a chunk out or twiddle a few bits around then it's worth it. I know it's not HD as it is on my camcorder or my Canon 5DII. But if you want to edit something then it's probably one of the better ways.