3GS Apple Care

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Glideslope, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

So, I have Apple Care on both our 3GS phones. Both expire 7-11. Both are 16g.
    If one fries say in April 2011, will Apple still be required to have 16g refurb 3GS'? Could they make me accept an 8g? Would they have to give me a 16g iPhone 4 if there were no 16g refurbs left in the system?

Do you think 16g 3GS supplies will not be an issue in 10m? Could it be used to get out of the contract if one did not want an iPhone 4?

Simply curious.:apple:

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Apple will definitely have enough to give you one in 11 months.

In the unlikely event that they don't have the same model that you do, they could either give you a 32GB iPhone 3GS or an iPhone 4 (if you accept either).

3. Glideslope thread starter macrumors 601

Glideslope

Forgot about the 32g. Thanks.:apple:

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They will not give you an 8GB or a 32GB.
    They will give you the exact same model and wont update you to an iphone 4 either.
    They still have 2G models in stock for exchanges, you think they wont have 3GS?
    Everyone thinks if they wait a little longer they will get the newer model. It wont happen, they want you to buy a new one and sign up another contract with AT&T obviously.

5. nelly41 macrumors regular

it really depends on your situation and how many times you had to deal with your same situation. but for the most part, you should get another 16gb 3gs. they should still have them lying around. as for my experience, i had a 8gb 3g but with really horrible battery life with normal usage. after going thru apple care about 6 times and getting so many refurbs, i talked to one of their higher ups and asked to be upgraded instead, and he upgraded me to a 16gb 3gs for a fee of course. neededless to say, i was happy that i upgraded my phone before even the first year of my contract was over, and didn't have to extend my contract when i got the upgraded phone and had a new 1 year apple care service on my 3gs. now my contract is up, and i moved on to the 4. lol.

6. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Lol hilarious. So people actually think they'll just say "well here's an iPhone 4, or here's a 3GS with double the storage"? Lol

They have TONS of replacements. They still have plenty iPhone 2g replacements. There not gonna upgrade you to a newer model at no cost lol