3gs apple screen of death

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by swainclubber, Aug 13, 2009.

1. swainclubber macrumors newbie

i had an older 3g model and everytime i jailbroke it i couldnt turn it off because i would get the white apple logo forever. well i have now got a 3gs and it does the same!!i install the firmware using itunes, then i used redsn0w 0.8 and ultrasn0w and again i get the apple when i reboot. what could i be doing wrong?

many thanks in advance

seems to be recovery mode activated all reboots. Can this be prevented

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

You must not be following the directions correct. I don't have the directions I followed handy, but check iClarified.com or just do a google search.

3. swainclubber thread starter macrumors newbie

I used that one. I can't think what it could be. Something makes it do recovery mode on reboot though

4. tml1234 macrumors newbie

i have the same problem..... how do i get out of the white apple screen?

5. swainclubber thread starter macrumors newbie

put the phone into dfu mode then hook it up to itunes. i just wish i could stop the constant boot loop issue when i power off everytime.could ultrasn0w do this?

6. swainclubber thread starter macrumors newbie

i found the problem, it is apparently cydia updates.so this time i didnt do the updates and havent installed mipatch and it all works fine!!both phones now turn on and off lol.