3GS apps stopped working after update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kentatm, Jan 31, 2010.

1. kentatm macrumors newbie

Last night I finally installed 3.2.1 in my 3GS. I then synced it with my brand new MacBook Pro.

Now nothing works except what came with it. Any app I try to open kicks me back out to the home screen.

I have tried turning it off and on but that has done nothing.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

3. kentatm thread starter macrumors newbie

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

5. kentatm thread starter macrumors newbie

you are talking about the option right under update in iTunes?

will restore delete anything?

I backed up the phone but when I did that I remember it saying somethign about some files not coming over... OR was it just telling me some of my apps wont work on my MacBook?

Sorry, I haven't been able to do anything with a computer since DOS was killed off so I'm kind of a super noob with my questions.

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Try these steps in turn:

1. Download any free app from App Store and see if the other apps now work

2. In iTunes, de-authorise your computer, close and restart iTunes, authorise your computer again, sync the phone. Test to see if the apps now work

3. In iTunes, delete all the apps and send to recycle, plug in the iPhone, synch it, refuse the option to transfer purchases. Reinstall an app from the App Store, synch again, see if it works.

7. kentatm thread starter macrumors newbie

lol. So I went into the app store to try and download somethign new to see if it would still mess up.

I downloaded an update to an app and now they all work.

strange. thanks for the responses.