3GS availability online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by corbywan, Jun 20, 2009.

1. corbywan macrumors regular

Last year they had a daily update of which store had stock and which ones did not. I can't find if they are doing that again. Anyone know?

I decided rather late to get one (on the 18th) and I knew they would be out on the 19th. So I ordered one via att.com. At the end of the process it said that the order will ship 7-14 days after the order is placed. Seriously? So, if I ordered on the 18th the soonest it would ship is the 25th? Chances are the stores will have them in stock again. Does anyone know if I can go and get one and then cancel my order? They don't charge the card until the order is process and shipped so that isn't an issue yet.

I'm going out on a hunt today, just in case. I actually have a day off and it sounds like a scavenger hunt in a way.

2. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

I was curious about this too. I assume if there is no online availability tool, its because they plan to have enough stock. Or maybe its because you can order it online and have it shipped.

Apple is probably getting used to the distribution logistics at this point, and since the 3G and 3GS are almost identical then its not hard for them to tweak it and continue mass production.