3GS availability - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allymac, Jul 14, 2009.

1. allymac macrumors member

Just checked Apple's availability checker and it seems the 16GB 3GS is out of stock country wide at Apple stores. Is this true of all retailers in the UK? I'll be ordering through our corporate account with O2. Anyone know if they are getting regular stock updates or is it just a trickle at the mo?

2. Dave4 macrumors member

The 16gb is indeed out of stock nationwide in Apple stores. I tried my local carphone warehouse and 02 stores and after checking there systems was todl there were no 16gb within my region (west midlands.)

Your best bet is to call your local Carphone warehouse and 02 store and leave your phone number so they can call you when they get stock in. I was told it'd be next week though.

3. allymac thread starter macrumors member

Cheers Dave thought as much - looks like I might have to go with the 32GB. I'm desperate to get one by a week on Friday so I can avoid taking a laptop to a big conference. Don't want to risk not getting one at all, as lugging a laptop on a 7 hour train journey doesn't sound fun. I'll be ordering through work's corporate contract through O2 so I won't have much choice or be able to check availability easily.

4. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

FYI- I managed to pick one up from an o2 store in Loughborough yesterday as an upgrade from my 3G, If you're really in need and dont mind travelling, I would call them. As they did say they had a few in stock.

5. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

My local O2 and CPW stores only have 32GB. Apple Regent Street had 16 and 32 on Monday.

Apple did say the 16GB are in short supply at the moment but they did have a few.

Good luck. :):)

6. kitenski macrumors regular

kitenski

Is there a way to find out if my local CPW has a 32gb PYG in stock, short of ringing each of them up???

Cheers,

Greg