3GS battery completely drained. Won't Charge or Turn on!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RickyD53, Dec 25, 2009.

1. RickyD53 macrumors regular

So at a family Christmas party, my phone had been very low on battery so I grabbed my cousins charger and plugged it in. After opening presents I went back and texted a friend and as i typed my phone turned off. It wouldnt turn back on and when I plugged it back in it showed the battery symbol on very low. So I just thought my battery died but I let it charge for the past hour and it still wont turn back on. What can I do to turn it back on??? Need help quick.

2. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

and If i have to take it into an apple store, is there a way i can get rid of my Jailbreak? and if not can they see it even if they cant turn it on?

3. BaldyUK macrumors regular

Is it a genuine Apple charger?

If the charger doesn't work try plugging it into a USB port.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Once dead, only the authentic Apple cord plugged into the wall socket will work to revive.

5. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

i've done both of those. left it on the wall charger for about 2 hours and still nothing.

6. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Try charging it with your mac turned on and itunes open, i use this method and when it dies it takes 15 minutes to turn back on.

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Plug it into the wall. Hold Power + Home for at least 30 seconds and tell me if you see the Apple logo...