3gs battery died during reset - now wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bigkong8, Oct 14, 2010.

1. bigkong8 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    Ive got a bit of a problem I just upgraded to the iphone 4 and am selling my 3GS tomorrow. I went to do a full reset by selecting erase all settings from the phone, but it seems that my battery died during the process and now the phone is stuck on the apple boot logo.

anyone had this problem before and what can I do to remedy this?

thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Put it into DFU mode (Google it) and restore it in iTunes. Unplug it from iTunes when it says "Keep you iPhone plugged in. This window will dismiss in 10 seconds" And remember to remove your SIM card when you resale it.

3. bigkong8 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, started the process, just didnt want to have to update to 4.1 since I told buyer it was 4.0.1, oh well. and thanks for the sim reminder, almost forgot!

4. bigkong8 thread starter macrumors newbie

worked beautifully, thank you.

one more question.. i have my old iphone 3g and funny thing same thing happened to it where its stuck on the boot screen after an attempt as resetting it. the problem is that the power/sleep button on it doesn't work so theres no way of putting it into DFU. anything I can do? If not Ill probably end up shooting it for fun.