3GS Battery draining REAL fast... or is it the meter?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DjPiLL, Aug 7, 2009.

1. DjPiLL macrumors member

Today I noticed my battery went from 100% to 33% in the span of an hour. I did a power down and reboot but that didn't help, as I was losing a percentage point a minute.

So I went to charge it on my PC, and got it back up to 44% and then unplugged it because I had to make a phone call. About 5 minutes later the battery meter jumped up to 82%.

So when it seemed ok for a while, but then it started draining real fast once again.

Any idea what the deal is? Is it really draining that fast or could the meter be off? I have a 3GS that is redsnow JB. Not unlocked.

I could restore it if need be to factory. But I am curious if anyone has seen this type of behavior. TIA.

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Your battery is absolutely defective. Restore will not improve that condition. Even gaming with everything on should get 3 hours.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Uh, I don't think we know that for sure yet. He should at least try calibrating the battery to make sure the meter is not totally off for whatever reason. I would still do a DFU restore after that, if it doesn't help, since he's going to have to do one anyway to take it back.

4. macachia macrumors regular

try doing a restore WITHOUT using a past backup. Solved my battery problem

5. fsumac23 macrumors newbie

I've had that happen to me couple times. All of a sudden the battery is very low. One time it died on me. Another time it said 10% left and a friend called me and after I looked and it was back up to around 50%. Should I exchange it? I got it when it came out and my schedule has just been extremely busy to take it in.

6. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

IPhone wont power up

I was listening to Howard Stern through the pocket tunes sirius app with a half charged battery and about 2 hours in phone died so I put on the charger through the macbook and 2 hours later I tried to turn it on and it wont start up. I plugged it into the wall for a while still no luck.

I know the pocket tunes app drains the battery fast but it should hae some charge by now right?

Any ideas?