3GS - Battery Indicator

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolvesboy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. wolvesboy macrumors newbie

Got a new 3GS, was expecting to see the battery % indicator - do i need to amend some settings or am i just confused?

2. TapOut macrumors regular

TapOut

3. wolvesboy thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DEdwards2204 macrumors member

DEdwards2204

They should have set it up like BossPref's where you just tap the battery icon to switch to percent and vice-versa.

5. twynne macrumors 6502a

+1 to that. Would also be nice to have an estimated time to depletion like on the Mac, maybe toggling the display type (icon only, icon + %, icon + time) each time you tap.

Edit: Submit the suggestions here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html You never know! :)

6. swb1192 macrumors 6502

It's not really possible for them to put the time up there. If you think about it, when you're just scrolling on the home screens, it's not taking up much battery so it'll show a certain amount of time. But then when you're playing a graphics-intensive game, the time will be dramatically less. In turn, the "time" will seem inaccurate, especially to a user who doesn't understand why the battery gets drained faster in certain situations.

7. twynne macrumors 6502a

Well that's not really very much different to a Mac... if you're doing something intensive the battery life will appear less, etc. It obviously calculates based on the *current* level of battery drain.

To be honest I usually find this measurement more useful on the Mac than I do a percentage. Clearly everyone is different. :)