3gs battery life vs 3g battery life????

loskickking23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Apple just replaced my 3g with a 3gs...I have been watching my battery life and it is alot worst than my 3g...loosing battery pretty fast..after a 5 min phone call I loose a bar of battery...I just wanted to know is that normal for the 3gs or is something wrong with my battery????

trungthiendo

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
talk time on 3gs is dependant on if u have 3g enabled or not, but with 3g enabled and the regular stuff ur phone should be good for 5 hr of operation.

yea the battery life sucks on this device, but compared to other devices its still better.

now imagine using your iphone 3GS as a gps, u can see the percentage drop in real time LOL

Comment

alfred1986

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2009
Apple just replaced my 3g with a 3gs...I have been watching my battery life and it is alot worst than my 3g...loosing battery pretty fast..after a 5 min phone call I loose a bar of battery...I just wanted to know is that normal for the 3gs or is something wrong with my battery????
The same feels for me too..:eek:

In fact the signal is also weak in 3gs comparing to 3g in my Iphone..

Comment

Interpolation

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Now that is strange. My 3g would last about 12 hours before it went into the 20% warning. While it takes around 24 hours for my 3gs to go into the 20%.

Both running exactly the same apps, push notifications on, and push email on.

Comment

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
I smell a troll

why would apple replace your phone with a 3GS ?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.