3GS Battery Starting to Suck

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlindMellon, Aug 15, 2011.

1. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

8 hours sitting in my pocket doing nothing (fresh boot) and I'm sitting at 57%.

That's not normal is it?

2. Ibuyiphones macrumors newbie

Doesn't sound to bad to me for 8hours. Do you have email or notifications pushing? I can replace your battery if your interested. $25.00 SHIPPING INCLUDED.

3. BlindMellon thread starter macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

No notifications and no location services. May just seem bad because it usually sits in a charger all day...

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

iOS version you're running? Jailbroken? Location services? Bluetooth? 3G? WiFi? Screen brightness? Monthly Battery Calibration? Number of emails fetching and how often? Push Email enabled? Notifications on? iTunes Ping switched to on? Multitasking bar filled with Apps?

All of these will affect your battery.

5. hushmartin macrumors 6502

If you got your phone pretty early on, like me, then it's 2 years old or a fair bit older! I've noticed that my battery has been lasting less and less time since a couple months ago. Now I have to charge it two or sometimes three times a day, if I actually want to do anything at all with it.

I'm sure the battery needs changed, but since my apple care expired I've been trying to wait until a new iPhone is released. If there's ever going to be a new iPhone, that is ...

If I didn't have so much money invested in ******* apps I'd switch to Android.

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Same here, my battery lasts less and less now. It seems to keep a disproportionate amount of juice towards the end though (first 60% zooms by and the last 40% can last about a day). I see now why people love removable batteries so much.

7. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

Having apps in the multitasking bar does NOT affect battery or performance...it's simply an app switcher and only the most recently used apps are stored in RAM..

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The apps in the switcher can indeed affect the battery life. If the app is using one of Apple's background services, like task completion, location, or backgorund media, it can have a drastic impact on the battery life.

My own launch day 3Gs has 691 cycles on its original battery and its at 91.5% of its original capacity.

9. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I just spent 8 hours at work with mine in my pocket and got home with it at about 83%. I got a few text and words notifications, some emails.

10. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

The Weather Channel app update seems to keep GPS on all the time.. that seems to be trouble. I've turned that off....