3GS - Blank and Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harrycobbold, May 4, 2010.

1. harrycobbold macrumors member

This is a slightly weird query, Basically, I'm going away Hiking for a few days and don't need my iPhone, my Dad now wants to borrow it for the weekend to see if he would be interested in getting one. I stupidly agree'd to the idea. So now, I need a quick and easy way to blank my iPhone (without MobileMe) let my Dad set it up as his own, then Blank it again and restore it to my original set up. (app data and all!)

Anyone have any suggestions on the best ways to do this?
    Many Thanks, Harry.

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

2 ways:

1st. connect it to itunes and backup ect. then in main window click restore and let it finish then after it has done and it displays the 'set up as new or from backup' you can simply unplug it from the computer and it will be like a brand new iphone with the connect to itunes screen.

2nd. with the iphone plugged into a power supply go to 'Settings > General > Reset' and select the option 'Erase All Content and Settings' on a 3GS this will take a small amount of minutes, and will leave the connect to itunes screen where it should be simple process for your dad to follow the on-screen itunes instructions when he plugs it in to restore to new iphone

3. harrycobbold thread starter macrumors member