3gs bluetooth audio (took a step backwards)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hefeglass, Jun 19, 2009.

1. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

i was hoping that the audio quality for A2DP on the 3gs would be better than it was on the 3g. For some reason, the bluetooth stereo implementation on the iphones is not very clean. There is static when i use it with my kenwood head unit...my LG phone doesnt have any quality issues.
    I was hoping that it would sound better now that I got the new 3gs, but its actually just as bad...and now the AVRCP doesnt work at all either!
    before, you could pause and play, now that wont even work!
    im hoping they are able to get this working soon enough.

anyone else notice this? how does the audio quality sound to you compared to other a2dp devices?

2. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

I don't have a 3Gs yet (still on first gen iPhone) but I read in another review the the iPhone doesn't yet support AVRCP.

3. hefeglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah, well it doesnt support it fully...it used to at least work with pause and play...which was sorta nice. now it doesnt do anything..
    oh well

4. Blackforge macrumors 6502

The sound quality is really bad and intolerable to me. Like I've said in other threads, a tweaked Windows Mobile device (to stream a higher bitrate) and my iCombi iPod Bluetooth adapter both sound leaps and bounds better. Its a real shame they didn't get it right. I half suspect it was intentional and only saving it for the "Apple Bluetooth Stereo headset" :p

5. spikey123456 macrumors newbie

I just tried a 3GS at an Apple store with my Lubix bluetooth stereo headset. I thought it sounded pretty good, but my only comparison is my Blackberry Curve music player.

For me Pause/Play DID work on the 3GS but was disappointed to find forward/back did not.

I also tried it on the Touch. On that, Pause/Play did not work. I tried a couple of touches to verify.