3Gs bottom speaker louder/clearer with 3.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by That70sGAdawg, Sep 10, 2009.

1. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    I know it's not documented as a feature, or fix but my bottom speaker is louder and a slight bit more midrange and bass. Before you say it's my imagination try to listen in a quiet place for yourself. I've had many phones and even the Blackberry Bold 9000 which "stereo" speakers I still consider the best available on a phone. Your mileage might vary, but I'm happier now with the "in the pocket" play of my 3GS for Pandora, Flycast, and iTunes - placebo effect or not!!

2. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Actually, I performed an upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.1 and didn't notice any difference in the speakers but I wasn't like checking or anything.

Then I did a restore to 3.1 and setup as a new phone and immediately noticed sounds were a lot quieter. I checked all the volumes and everything but it's still way quieter then before...you can really tell with the key-clicks.

Anyone notice this? Weird...

3. Andruw91 macrumors regular

It's seems since I put 3.1 on my 3gs everything seems quieter. Almost like I have my hand over the speaker. It seems like sometimes the sound is fine and the other times it is quieter

4. That70sGAdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    The keyboard clicks are quieter by design in the update . I guess all phones are different (slightly).