3Gs BRICKED!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chatman355, Mar 20, 2011.

1. chatman355 macrumors newbie

So this morning I was making a phone call and waiting on hold. Then my phone dropped the call, no big deal, went to call it back and it kept dropping the call so I tried a different company to see if maybe they were just having an issue with there phones, and my phone wouldn't even connect the call. So I decided to restart it. Now it just sits at the apple load screen.

I've restarted it multiple times and it keeps just sitting there, and my computer won't read that an iphone is plugged into it when I plug it in. I have no idea wtf happened or how I can fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

2. redhotline macrumors newbie

bad news

if PC can't see it only service can help you

3. chatman355 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, alrighty thank you. the battery just died so I was hoping it would work after that but apparently not. Guess I'll have to make an appointment.

4. jdaniel macrumors 65816

try and see if you can get into DFU mode... and restore it seems to be your only option.
    Of coz I dont know if you are factory unlocked or whats going on so restoring str8 like that may have consequences...

I googled and it seems to be what other people advise to do as well:

http://asif2bd.info/2010/06/26/solution-to-iphone-43gs3g-stuck-on-apple-logo/

Google is your friend.....

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If DFU mode doesn't work, then you should also try it with a different USB port. Then try putting the device into recovery mode (holding down home while plugging it in), and restore it.

6. chatman355 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I had to go to work but I attempted following the steps in the link you provided and the phone wouldn't let me turn it of simply by holding down the power button. I'm going to try a few more times when I get home tonight though.

And I realize I should have let you guys know it's not jailbroken or anything at all. And it hasn't ever been synced to this computer. As I just got it back up and running and hadn't gotten around to syncing it yet.

7. elan123 macrumors 6502

nice work!

8. chatman355 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I am trying to put my phone into recovery mode, problem is the thing will not let me turn it off normal, only hard restart.

NVM I WIN :D, thank you all for your advice mostly jdaniel for the link. I finally got it into DFU mode and it's currently restoring. I really really really did not want to have to buy a new iphone lol.

9. jdaniel macrumors 65816

np.. u dont have to turn off your phone to get into DFU mode just do it in any state the phone is in usually works for me.. hope it goes well.