3GS Broken lcd?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cush279, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Cush279 macrumors newbie

Hey, i know there are many posts on this which i have read but aren't exactly the same as my problem so i just want some confirmation.

I have changed the digitizer many times on my girlfriends 3gs and 6th time (I know....she should have a 3310) when i put it back together it just gave me a white screen, i turned it off and i could just see black vertical lines on the lcd, with the iphone switched on it rings, vibrates but doesn't respond to any touches like unlocking etc just shows a white screen, the #1 connector doesnt appear to be damaged and all the contacts look clean. Am i correct in saying i have most likely damaged the lcd ribbon?

2. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

I've also changed Glass + Digitizer may times and I got a White Screen.

First time it happened to me, I replaced LCD for a new one and solved the problem.

Now, occasionally, screen can go white again and a simple tap on power off and then on again solves the problem temporarily (or a reset with 10 seconds POWER + HOME).

For what I've read, it's almost certain that there's an hardware issue in the LCD or the main board connectors / ribbons when you got a white screen.

But I'm also hoping to solve my 3GS' occasional white screen without having to replace LCD.