3GS Camera Freezing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mr Adam, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Mr Adam macrumors newbie

Hi all

Every time I try to take a photo on my 3GS the screen freezes and needs to be restarted.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix? Can't find anywhere on Google.

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Have you tried restarting the phone? Or maybe turn it off for a few minutes then turn it back on. If that fails, you may need to do a reset on your phone.

I havent had the same issue. The camera/ video recording woks flawlessly.

3. Mr Adam thread starter macrumors newbie

I have reset the phone... every time I take a photo the phone freezes.

Have just phoned O2 and they asked me to call back on Friday when they expect to have new stock, they will then arrange a doorway "swap".

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Well I'm glad that O2 has been so accomodating for you, and I'm sorry to hear of your issue. If you want to avoid the swap, have you tried a hard reset of the phone via iTunes? You'll have to blank the phone for a swap anyhow, you may as well try it.

5. bocoofett macrumors newbie

hi, i also have been having a problem with the IPhone 3Gs 16gb camera application.

Everytime I tried opening the camera it would get frozen on the grey "shutter" screen and i would have to do a hard reset to get function back to my phone.

I have read all of the above and one of the posts prompted me to try deleting my most recent apps as i didn't have a problem with my iphone whatsoever until yesterday and yesterday i downloaded 4 new apps which i have now deleted.

and now my camera is working fine. not a single glitch.

I don't know whether this will fix it for good but for it to magically be working now after deleting those apps when it was having such intense break-downs im assuming one of my apps was causing a software clash.

Try deleting some apps, then try the camera.
    Bocoo