Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
This is my first post. On my new 3gs the camera seems really fuzzy like spots are just everywhere when taking pictures in medium to low light. Is this normal? My friend has the 3g and his wasn't near as bad. In good light conditions it isn't noticeable at all. So I was wondering if this is a problem with my phone or if it's just this way for everyone. Maybe the word I should say is noise but I'm not sure. Don't know very much about cameras. I appreciate any answer you all can give me.

RiceRacerDX

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
This is my first post. On my new 3gs the camera seems really fuzzy like spots are just everywhere when taking pictures in medium to low light. Is this normal? My friend has the 3g and his wasn't near as bad. In good light conditions it isn't noticeable at all. So I was wondering if this is a problem with my phone or if it's just this way for everyone. Maybe the word I should say is noise but I'm not sure. Don't know very much about cameras. I appreciate any answer you all can give me.
Yes, it's called ISO. ISO will make your dark photos seem brighter, but at the cost of quality...thus, you get the grainy pictures. This is normal in low light conditions from any auto-adjustment camera. But go ahead and post your pictures. You'll need to upload it to a third party, such as photobucket or flickr, then post the link here.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Thank you for your responses. Well should I close this thread when I find the answer I want or what? How do I do that? Sorry, just new to this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.