3GS camera white balance.. Very cool(blue)???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevo8, Jun 20, 2009.

1. stevo8 macrumors 6502

So I snapped some same images yesterday and also used my first gen iPhone to snap the same image at the same time. The 3gs is clearer, and has better detail, but it's seriously lacking in a few areas and not even really that big of a upgrade imo. What I noticed between the two is that the first gen phone white balance is actually more realistic to what the human eye see's and at very least a few hundred Kelvin warmer then the 3gs. Also there tends to be too much contrast and the darks and highlights are easily blown(in comparison to the first gen phone). Now I know it's a cell camera and no a fancy slr but to market it as a huge upgrade like they did, I'm somewhat dissapointed so far. Am I overlooking something or is it possible my camera is faulty? Anyone else taken any comparison shots to the first gen or 3g?

2. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Can someone take a 3GS and a 3G, side by side, and take a photo with each camera of the exact same scene/object and post the two images side-by-side so that we can see the difference? Thank you. :)

3. entity macrumors regular

Here you go, pulled this from the sticky.

IMO it looks like a substantial upgrade to me!

4. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Definitely...I wouldn't be complaining...

5. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Excellent !!! Thank you very much. :):):)

I can clearly see the improvement.