3GS Can I downgrade?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by profase, Mar 30, 2010.

1. profase macrumors newbie

Alright, I've been trying a whole lot to downgrade/jailbreak my friends 3GS. It's and MB* model and the serial number says it's week 31, so it has an older bootrom. I've tried the hosts file hack and reverting to 3.1.2, no dice, it says the iphone isn't eligible for the restore. I've tried redsn0w... no pineapple comes us and redsn0w says it's done, but the iphone just sits with a black screen. When I try pwnage tool, itunes gives me some kind of 16## error.

Is there any chance of me jailbreaking it?

2. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Only way you can downgrade currently is if your friends phone had previous SHSH's stored through Cydia or locally with Umbrella program. Otherwise, you will not be able to downgrade. And if you can't downgrade, no current jailbreak method will work for 3GS on 3.1.3.

Tell your friend to wait a few days/weeks more as someone is bound to release one of these new jailbreak methods that everyone has been showing they have lately. :D

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not possible to downgrade it unless it has its SHSH's either locally or stored thru cydia.
    If not no matter what you try is not going to work.