3GS case defects

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheNewsPaperBoy, Jul 18, 2009.

1. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

So I'm on 3GS number two, first one had a huge case defect the whole right side bezel overlapped the backing and had a sharp edge, plus all four corners. 2nd 3GS top right corner the backing is larder than the bezel and over hangs making a sharp edge. Getting it replaced on tuesday. Who else has had multiples for shoddy construction?

2. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

I think its tough to find a bezel that matches the back casing perfectly.

My advice to you is to try and live with it, I know it may be tough, but getting into the game of constantly swapping phones at the Apple store is not fun, I was there before.

Not to mention, that you're swapping for somebody else's now refurbished iPhone.

EDIT: I guess I should also say that I am not impressed by the build quality of either the 3G or 3GS. I've seen alot of threads where people are showing cracks and other defects from their casings.

3. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

As fickle as you seem to be I'd bet you would find something wrong with any phone you got.

4. TheNewsPaperBoy thread starter macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Actually no, this has been my first phone I have complained about physical defects. This one I got was a brand new one, and the battery is much better than my other, like the first reply, I think I'm just going to live with it unless it gets worse.