3GS - Clean Upgrade to OS4 - How to JB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vegantruth, Jul 5, 2010.

1. vegantruth macrumors newbie

Hi,
    i recently erased my iphone 3gs to factory settings (due to some issues), and i restored/upgraded to OS4.
    It has the old bootrom.
    How do i jailbreak this thing now? From what i read, 3gs models can be jailbroken if they have already been jailbroken from a previous version. Is this correct?

2. vegantruth thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

4. mo0620 macrumors regular

when you had your iphone jailbroken did you ever put the SHSH blobs on sauriks server? have you ever clicked on make my life easier in cydia? if you did, that is a good thing, and means you have your SHSH blobs on saurik's server, and you can downgrade.

5. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Hey there...

Try the iPhone hacks section here on MR.

Fair warning: Do not just go in and say "so, how do I jailbreak?" Do some research by searching here and Google. When/if you hit a brick wall THEN ask your questions. Take my word for it. You'll be way better off that way.

6. vegantruth thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions, however i have been searching for days now, and cant find a solution... at least one that makes sense to me. Ive jailbroken my old 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, but now it seems much more difficult.

Everywhere i turn, i see tutorials, but they all say that the phone must first be jailbroken in order to jailbreak the 3gs.

7. vegantruth thread starter macrumors newbie

since i have no idea what any of what you just said, i would guess i did not "put the SHSH blobs on sauriks server".