3GS Commercial

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGreat01, Jun 25, 2009.

1. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Idk, before I used to like it, but now I seem to come across it a lot while watching tv. And the more I listen to it the more I realize how stupid the wording is. If I'm not mistaking, I'm pretty sure my 3G plays videos also. They should have just added the word recording after it and made it make a lot more sence.

Yea it's probably just me but just thought i would share lol.

2. catachip macrumors regular

catachip

I also think the commercial is pretty silly. Who thought it was good to say, "It looks the same..." about their product in a commercial.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Not their best work...they just rehashed the ad for the 3G basically and just put the phone an a different room and have some dude walk in and pick it up.

Personally, the section of the keynote where they demo the camera with kids in the pool would probably have made for a better advert

4. 3GS916 macrumors member

+1 for the pool video. I wish i was in it.

5. arykmax macrumors regular

+1 You would think easy family videos would have been the best way to appeal to a wide audience.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Isnt it great how the new iphone records videos and unfortunatelly we cant send the videos thru MMS to other peoples phones? :mad:
    Thanks AT&T...............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Acronym macrumors 68000

+1 rogers doesnt seem to let me send mms either :S

8. C0die macrumors newbie

Call Rogers acronym, Im currently sending photos to my girlfriend and I'm on the rogers network

9. Acronym macrumors 68000

i currently dont have a data plan but as of my next billing cycle i will have one coukd that be why?

10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

ITT: A group of highly paid ad execs discuss business.

11. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

It is only stupid if you LISTEN to it and not watch it.

"Introducing the next iPhone. It's the iPhone you love, now with Video. Just ONE of the amazing new features on the iPhone 3GS."

Let's break it down kids:

The Spy who is actually Steve Balmer pokes at the design, " It looks the same " because you know WE all said it too when we saw it, don't lie.

Spins his "hi-tech" Microsoft camera/scanner, that he had to reboot twice, around it while eating a cheeseburger and sweating profusely in his leotard ( the spy store ran out of black jumpsuits in his size )

The Daniel Craig looking guy pulls out is his fancy 8GB Apple keycard and opens the door into what looks like a Star Trek/ Death Star Office w/ lens flare and Balmer GETS THE F**** OUT.

The smug Bond stunt double goes up to the iPhone to check on it ( that is his ONLY job besides foot rubs for Steve and Phil ). Turns on the phone which has been recording THIS WHOLE TIME and sees the evidence! BAM

You're not getting away this time Balmer!

Wait what was my point?.......OH YEAH!

The whole commercial shows the iPhone RECORDS Video, not just plays it. And the narrator says " ONE of the amazing new features..." Which can only mean more commercials will come showing off the other NEW features of the 3GS.

*Balmer has since been caught by the evidence displayed. He will be tried by a jury of his peers ( Mostly managers from Kinko's )

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Better idea: Smartphone Hunters

Find clueless idiot. Take this person into a Best Buy store and go to the cell phones. "I want a phone that has a real Internet browser, 3G, WiFi, an iPod and a lot of storage." Then the person ooohs and aaaah over the 3GS. "Can you show me any comparable products that run Windows Mobile?"

Cut to empty shelf.

"iPhone 3GS - the fastest, most powerful (most funnest!) iPhone yet"

13. r.kirkerrr macrumors member

what kind of photos eh? ;)

14. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Wow, it wasn't until I read that and then watched the commercial on YouTube that I actually figured out why he looked up at the ceiling. For some reason I would always miss the part where he watches the video of the camera thingy looking at it.