Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I just got my iPhone 3GS replaced under warranty and just turned it on because I just got home. The first time I hit the vibrate switch, it started vibrating and now it won't stop. I'm restoring it right now, and it's still vibrating. I rebooted it with home+power, which only caused the vibrating to stop during the few seconds that it was powered off. When it turned back on, it started vibrating again.

I

iFanboy

PUT IT IN YOUR ASS

Seriously though, a restore should do the trick. You can also try removing the sim tray and re-inserting (this actually fixed a similar issue for a friend of mine... *shrugs*)

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I just got my iPhone 3GS replaced under warranty and just turned it on because I just got home. The first time I hit the vibrate switch, it started vibrating and now it won't stop. I'm restoring it right now, and it's still vibrating. I rebooted it with home+power, which only caused the vibrating to stop during the few seconds that it was powered off. When it turned back on, it started vibrating again.

Since it is obviously a hardware issue the obvious thing would be to call Apple.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
They replaced the phone today, no questions asked. The genius took it in back for a while to try to fix it. He was unable to do so.

Copied from the work authorization:

Issue: Vibrate motor stays on constantly
Steps to Reproduce: Observed
Cosmetic Condition: No signs of physical damage or tampering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.