3GS Cydia is not working OR cannot upgrade to Custom 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gooddeal, Jun 25, 2010.

1. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

...hope someone can help me.

I bought a used 3GS. The guy updated to official 4.0 but he told me that he used to jailbrook it. The modem is 05.13.04 and bootrom is 359.3

Option 1:
    I downgraded to 3.1.2 and ran blackra1n successfully. I created a custom 4.0 but I couldn't upgrade. Getting "1600" error on both Mac and Windows.

Option 2:
    I downgraded to 3.1.2 and ran blackra1n successfully. I tried to use Cydia to unlock but cannot connect to the download at all.

Any way to get one of option works?

thanks

2. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

What I did was downgrade to 3.1.2, used redsn0w to jailbreak. Then used pwnage to create custom iOS4 and restored. I don't think you can upgrade, must restore.

3. Darwing macrumors 6502

I have litterally no idea why you would downgrade to 3.1.2... then blackrain it.... install 3.1.3 and spirit it... then try your cusom IPSW

4. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

Because that was easier than downgrading iTunes, since I'm fairly certain I read that Spirit is broken with 9.2

I could be wrong though?

And I wanted to stay with all Dev-Team jailbreaks, cause I didn't want to risk something not working right... just in case?

5. gooddeal thread starter macrumors regular

gooddeal

macslayer118, I mean restore. I tried both using DFU mode and recovery mode...no luck.

After the 5th time, I tried Option 2 again and it's working. I was able to unlock the phone on 3.1.2 now.

Darwing, I'm not sure as well but that what I wrote from another thread.

Thanks.

6. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

If you use spirit to jailbreak 3.1.3 on a 3GS, you CANNOT use a custom IPSW; spirit is a userland jailbreak it does not modify iBoot.