3gs 'different sim detected' continuous

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nighthawk15, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Nighthawk15 macrumors newbie

Hey!

I bought an iPhone 3GS in Australia w/o Simlock and used it over there with Vodafone and Optus without any probs. As I came back to Germany last week I pluged in my Base/Eplus Sim. Of course it asked to activate with iTunes first. But now it continuous says 'different sim detected'. For example if I switch on/off 3G or Edge with Sbsettings it ask for a new activation. Really annoying. It didn't do that with the australian Sim Cards.
    It is jailbroken with blackra1n but no blacksn0w. Is there any solution?

TIA
    Nighthawk

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So its factory unlocked?
    If yes try a restore.

3. Nighthawk15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it is factory unlocked.
    I hoped to don't have to do a restore. That takes a while. But I'll give em a try
    Thx

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you have your SHSHs saved thru cydia you can restore to 3.1.2 and then JB again.
    If you restore to 3.1.3 you wont be able to JB it at the moment.

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

It's strange, this rang a bell with me and if you look at this thread you will find someone else in Germany who had/has the identical problem with an unlocked phone:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=871798

I know that doesn't help you much, except there is a link to email the other person, from his personal profile. It does suggest there might be some kind of problem in the iPhone's network setup for the German carrier, but I don't know what to suggest to fix it, except to try a clean restore. And that would mean you lose your jailbreak.