3GS early upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Soulcrux, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

I want to buy my girlfriend a 3GS for her birthday/to finally have an iPhone.

Only problem is her 2 year commitment is up in October. Is there any sort of early upgrade? I mean it's less than 3 months away.

2. forza1976 macrumors regular

I think they will let you upgrade 18 months into your 2 year agreement (that's what they allowed for me, but I waited till the IP4). Give at&t a call, that should answer all your questions.

3. Soulcrux thread starter macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Apparently my girlfriend's mom checked the website and it says that she is not eligible for an upgrade until 10/29/10. (which is way past her birthday)

Someone told me they were able to persuade AT&T to upgrade them 4 months early, but they signed them up to 28 months of contract instead of just 24. Anyone know about this?

4. .:ryan:. macrumors member

If all else fails you can pay an extra $200 for an upgrade, meaning the minimum you'd pay is $400. But I'd do that as a last resort.

5. Soulcrux thread starter macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Yeah, I'd just wait. $400 is two iPhone 4's (i've never bought a non-upgrade iPhone so i dont count the non-upgrade prices) And If I wait 3 months then I can save up more money and just buy her an iPhone 4.

Thanks, though