3GS features on 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 01jamcon, Jun 8, 2009.

1. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

So how many of these "3G S" features do you think are actually technologically possible on the normal 3G, but won't be because Apple needs to have something to differentiate the phones?

I'm sure its technologically possible to have video capture, voice control and some of the accessibility features, but them ******** at Apple will keep them from being in the 3.0 software update. :mad:

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Well video recording on the original and the 3G is crap. I'd rather stick my hand in a blender than record on them. Now, don't get me wrong the devs did a great job for what they had to work with. It's just that 6fps or 15fps depending on the program is piss-poor.

That's why Apple doesn't want to bring video recording to the previous two models.

The voice control can be done on the two previous models. It might not be as responsive, but possible. I think the jailbreak community might have your answer in a few short months.

It's also my understanding that the 3G had the FM radio included in the hardware just like he 3GS to give it Nike+ support. I'd like to think the jailbreak community could get access to that an "turn it on." (I may be mistaken here though)

3. tinny the cat macrumors member

if the iPhone 3G is so powerful though i dont understand whats stopping it for video recording and voice control, something many many old and cheap phones have fine!?

4. Seraphx17 macrumors member

That's because old and cheap phones don't have the capability to record in 30fps VGA. Most phones that support video are about half that. As for voice control, I suppose the only reason is because of the processing speed required interpret and process what you just said and then search through every contact, song, and more all within a second. I'm sure voice dialing would work fine though with a slower processor (like other phones).