3GS for t-mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mixxtamia, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mixxtamia macrumors newbie

i've never owned an iPhone so please forgive my ignorance :)
    im getting a 3GS today but i have T-Mobile. im getting it cheap though so i dont want to pass it up. i know theres not a jailbreak for it...yet...but i was reading through the forums and read somewhere that the 3G network wouldnt be available to T-Mobile users. Does that mean the speed wouldnt be the same or just that it would show up on the phone as EDGE instead of 3G? does that make any sense??
    thanks for any help.

2. iluvrobot macrumors newbie

Right. I believe you will get edge-comparable speed unless you are in one of cities that T-Mobile is currently rolling out 3G.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Sure you don't mean the 3G?

The 3GS doesn't have an unlock for it out yet (If you're in the U.S), so you won't be able to run it on T-Mobile (In the U.S).

4. mixxtamia thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Johnnybrav0 macrumors member

You won't be able to get 3g....only edge....my friend did the same thing...he was only able to get edge....

6. mixxtamia thread starter macrumors newbie

oh yeuh i know theres no unlock for it yet ::rolls eyes:: but im patiently waiting. like i said im getting it cheap so imma just get it anyway.

7. mixxtamia thread starter macrumors newbie

8. LinMac macrumors 65816

That is due to the 3G frequency used by the phone. It is truly tragic, but true.