3GS from Carphone Warehouse?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by remuk, Jun 15, 2009.

1. remuk macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,

I've just pre-ordered my 3GS from CPW online. I was wondering if anyone had any info/dispatch dates/idea about stock levels etc...in essence I wonder if there's a chance I'll receive it at launch or if I'll be sticking with my cracked black 3G for another wee while?

Regards,

Remuk

2. LondonDude89 macrumors newbie

CPW are aiming to get it out for launch day but are only promising 'sometime before the 26th' just in case

3. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I just pre-ordered a black 32GB 3GS from my local CPW store. I figured it would be easier to get the credit check etc done today than on launch day. The store manager said it would be delivered on Friday and that the store wasn't opening early for the launch.

4. danb77 macrumors 6502

I ordered from them over the phone (they told me that you couldn't preorder in store! Hmpff!) so I will be waiting for the CityLink courier guy on Friday. I hope he can find my flat - I have had problems with couriers in the past!

If the postage strike goes ahead on Friday these couriers are going to be busy....

5. NStocks macrumors 65816

Sorry to use this thread, I didn't want to make a new one really... Where can I find info about the iPhone 3GS activation this year ? If I bought a PAYG sim do I activate it at home, and what about contract, I know you need a credit check but will they have to activate that instore ?

Thank You

6. AlfaLavala macrumors regular

Also if you pre-ordered online and choose to pick up in store THAT IS A LIE!

They will be posting your iPhone via CityLink and even though the option is available online you cannot pre-order and collect in store. As above even pre-ordering in store means it'll be posted to you.

So now instead of going to pick it up before work it means it'll be delivered randomly during the day to my home and I won't be in to get it. Not sure if Citylink are open saturdays or if I'll be able to collect from them Friday evening and so I won't get it till Monday evening!!! :mad:

7. marra2 macrumors regular

marra2

Ring in sick mate !

8. flipshot macrumors 6502a

My local CityLink depot opens Saturdays only until around 12/1pm though.

9. Cardy macrumors member

10. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris