3GS guided tour...realistic?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hefeglass, Jun 8, 2009.

1. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

does anyone know if the guided tour of the 3gs is a realistic representation of the phone? Do they use actual phone footage for this stuff...or what? it seems quite fast..but then again, its an apple promo video...so who knows..

2. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I think it's pre-rendered, so to speak, just like videos of previous generations.

However, this time they are specifically talking about the phone's processing speed and claiming they are demonstrating that, so I fully expect they made it very close to reality this time, rather than "cheating" a lot.

The funny thing is, I recall the videos of the 2G and 3G showing the OS moving just as fast. Though they didn't make any claims to that effect then.

3. hefeglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

i actually went and looked at the 36 guided tour and it seems slightly slower and choppier....although it does seem alot faster than MY 3g is...especially for loading the webpage.

4. vlinkz macrumors regular

Apple got into some trouble in the UK with these types of adverts. The group who regulates commercials here banned the first one because it wasn't representative of how slow the iPhone was. Now when you see an iPhone advert on TV it has something like "Some steps shortened, sequences removed." at the bottom of the screen. Some people obviously complained about how web pages weren't loading instantly like they do on Apple's ads.

5. edge540 macrumors regular

edge540

All the iPhone commercials I see on TV now have a disclaimer at the bottom saying something along these lines. "Sequences shortened for clarity" or something like that. So until we actually see a TV commercial that shows the OS for the GS I cant say wether it is actual or not. But I hope so, it does seem reasonable.

6. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Well, the transition and load speed between apps is the MAIN thing they are touting for this model. Heck, the "s" in 3Gs stands for SPEED. Read the "about" page on the Apple store... they go on and on about it. So I expect this video to be pretty accurate. I just dropped almost a grand based on that expectation (two new 3GS 32GB units for myself and my wife, minus resale value of our one year old 3Gs on ebay of course). So we'll see...

7. Kurfer macrumors regular

Kurfer

You are out of your ***** mind if you think that camera was real. LOL

No way that tiny little phone has the type of depth of field as it did in that video. There are alot of idiots that actually think taking pictures with phones = photography but it's still a gimmick. They basically made a crappy point and shoot and less crappy point and shoot.

I am just upset that now the internet is going to be even more flooded with crappy pictures from a crappy camera phone taken by little girls and stay at home soccer dads.