3gs has been possessed by satan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madeirabhoy, Jun 4, 2015.

1. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

either that or someone has slipped an acid tab into its tea.

i know its ancient but its always worked fine, except the home button hasnt worked in 2 years but i switched on the assisted settings thing that puts a home button on the screen.

til yesterday evening. it had the hiccups to start with, kept buzzing, and shuffling the window up and down like youd pressed the button twice.

so i reset it, still does it.

so i thought the button must be jammed and all of a sudden now working (strangely) but its more mental than that. i can leave it on the table and it will randomly, open voice activation, shuffle the screen up and down like its dancing, and if you open any app itll close it, then open the search as ive youve swipped left.

it then started to ring random numbers, not like the last number i called but things like it rang my bank lost card number which is in my contacts but ive never rang it.

ive restarted it a few times, no joy. part of me thinks its home button related, but it cant just be...

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Wash the screen with Holy Water, say three Hail Mary's put it under a pillow and buy a new iPhone in September.

3. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

4. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

With a title like this, I needed to read. I needed this post, you have won the internet today.

5. Newtons Apple, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Your 3gs just wants to rest. Give it a break and get a new phone as your 3gs has served long enough

6. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Veterans have rights too!

7. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

well, accepting that my 3gs is 5 years old and needs to go out to pasture, i looked at the local NOS and saw they have 5c on sale, so i pondered.....and went to the cupboard and found the wife's old 3gs, which works perfectly.

8. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Oh my God:D
    Best thread I've read here in a while.

9. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

for me, an iPhone is for :
    being a phone
    sending texts
    getting email
    odd bit of internet
    checking the weather
    to do lists and calendars
    seeing pictures through flickr
    twitter

and for all of that, a 3gs does it well enough that i dont need to spend 310 euros on a 5c.

10. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

But as long as your phone is gone, you should replace it with a new one. You know, phone is a necessary accessory, like pc, which is needed to live in modern world.