3GS in DFU Mode, was on 3.1.2. Need help getting back on 3.1.2!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by forumz, Aug 8, 2011.

1. forumz macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My 3GS was on 3.1.2, and I entered DFU mode after trying to upgrade to a 4.3.3 IPSW I built using PwnageTool that Retained my old baseband. However, Whenever I try restoring from within itunes to the custom 4.3.3, I get "The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." Is there any way I can restore so that my baseband is still unlockable? Or am I doomed to have to upgrade to the currently unjailbreakable/un-unlockable 4.3.5?

(Also, This is my father's phone, and it *was* jail broken, but I'm not sure if any SSH blobs were saved. I feel like an idiot for not checking before).

Thank you all in advance for any help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can only restore to 3.1.2 if you have shsh blobs for that version.
    Try tinyumbrella to see what you have saved if any.

3. forumz, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

forumz thread starter macrumors newbie

EUREKA! I tried TinyUmbrella, and No SHSH Blobs were saved, BUT, I tried the "Fix Recovery" option, and it knocked it out of DFU Mode! I've just fired up Cydia, and it's backing up the Blobs now.

After that, how do I update to my custom 4.3.3 IPSW? Last time, it kept getting stuck on the "verifying with apple" step. (Note: I've tried it with the hosts file as both with NO gs.apple line *AND* with the saurik server 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com line added.

EDIT: It now says "SHSH: iOS 4.1, 4.3.5". Does this mean I'd be able to restore to 4.1 at any time (which has an unteathered unlock if I' not mistaken?)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, your only options are 4.1 or 4.3.5
    Offcourse I'd pick 4.1 untethered. Create a custom 4.1 ipsw with pwnage etc....

5. forumz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your help, sir. I'll attempt this now and report back for anyone else who finds this thread on a search in the future.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. forumz thread starter macrumors newbie

SUCCESS!

It worked using PwnageTool 4.1 with a 4.1 IPSW, and changing my Hosts file so that it connects to Saurik's server after saving the SHSH Blobs).

Again, thanks Applejuiced, you're awesome.