3GS + iOS4.1 = No bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fuzzyorange, Oct 19, 2010.

1. fuzzyorange macrumors newbie

When I first upgraded my 3GS to iOS4 bluetooth stopped working - I couldn't pair to the device or find any other devices from it
    My phone was old and abused and I assumed a hardware fault

However I recently got a brand new 3GS and I've installed iOS4.1 on it - since upgrading bluetooth won't work at all

If I try to find the phone from my macbook pro - I can find it and attempt to pair. It asks me to confirm a number appears on the iPhone but the iPhone never shows any type of connect message

If I try the other way around and go into bluetooth on my iPhone - the searching for devices spinner just spins forever and it never finds anything

Worked perfectly fine on iOS3.x - what's happened??

2. kirreip macrumors regular

You are not alone... I have the same problem with my 3GS...

3. fuzzyorange thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried doing a full restore to the latest firmware - still dead

If I go to bluetooth on my macbook pro I can see the phone - but it won't sync (nothing comes up on the phone when I try to sync)

If I go into bluetooth on my phone it just sits searching for devices but finds none

This sucks - I've read quite a few people with this problem - apple need to sort it out :(

4. UtenteMac macrumors newbie

Same here: it keeps searching forever without finding anything.
    Yesterday I tried with two other MBPs and none was able to pair my 3GS :(