3GS iOS4 Battery Meter Different from 2G 3.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by piblondin, Aug 9, 2010.

1. piblondin macrumors member

Apologies if this has been clarified elsewhere. A quick search I did yielded nothing. I had an iPhone 2g running 3.1 for the past year or so. I just switched to a 3GS on iOS4. I notice that the 3GS's battery meter seems to be more accurate in that it constantly and consistently depletes.

On the other hand, the 2G would require about 1.5 to 2 hours of "usage" before it would show any depletion in the battery icon. Is this difference something that other people have noticed as well? Is it an effect of iOS4?

Thanks!

2. Resist macrumors 68030

When you say you had an iphone 2g, do you mean iPhone 2nd generation (iPhone 3G)?

The iPhone 3GS used a better battery indicator, which also gave a numeric percentage of use. While the iPhone 3G only showed a battery indicator.

3. piblondin thread starter macrumors member

By 2g, I mean I had the original iPhone that ran only on the EDGE network. I now have the 3GS, but I don't use the battery % feature.

4. BrokeMyi macrumors newbie

I believe the original iPhone and the 3g(s) have different battery capacities. That is probably why you are noticing the difference in how long the battery life is. Also, take into count that the 3g(s) iphones have alot of added extra features that the original iphone does not offer. Best of luck :)