3GS iOS4 JB + Unlock- Is there a good site/thread with all the steps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OverSpun, Jul 4, 2010.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Ive been reading everywhere, and I still cant find it with good info for it.

Thanks friends!:D

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Many threads here (does require some reading) or iClarified for a tutorial (does require some reading)

3. newbiebreaker macrumors newbie

i have a 3gs mc model oldboot rom on 5.13.04 on os4 that i jailbroke. it took 2 days and alot of forums reading to do it. but in the end it was a stroke of luck that got me thru. first i downgraded from my os4 to 3.1.2 using redsnow but the luck part was i hit vebroose boot or something like that were it states install cydia this bypassed the error 1600 that i was getting all the time. it load cydia but cydia didnt not work so next i use blackra1n(adding it itune core file) to jailbreak the phone then i used snowbreeze custom restore to load os4 after that you will have to turn off your phone cause it might get the cannot load itune error but just keep turning it off and on til it reset then when it does unlock with ultrasnow. like i stated i am a newbie who got lucky but I did unlock my 3gs mc 137ll 5.13.04 firmware old bootrom inphone along using alot of forums guide til i got it right

4. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Sweet. I downloaded forecast and it said-

baseband .05.13.04 | bootloader 6.4 | saying jailbreakabe Yes (dont upgrade!) and unlockable No

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Forecast is very out of date.

6. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Hmm. Is there another program to check it before I JB my 3GS?

So far, Ive read that I should Pwnagetool 4.0.1, and download the ultrasnow off cydia on the repo.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Since you need to be spoonfed...

Currently jailbroken (Spirit doesn't count), old bootrom, make or get a custom restore 4.0 IPSW

This is available on iClarified in a tutorial.

8. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Ok, Ive read through all dev team, and iclarified. I followed all the steps, and now I keep getting a "1604" on itunes. It doesnt finish it. I made the expert mode on pwnagetool 4.0.1 . Im stuck now. I cant figure it now. Lame.

Im def on old bootrom, so it should work.

9. hectordtruong macrumors member

Same issue, 1604, or 1600 errors.

10. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Was the phone already JB before trying to restore with pwnagetool custom OS 4.0 file?

11. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

the 3GS was JB'd on pwnagetool last year. Seems like part of the JB is still stuck in it. My Carrier Logo on the top is still there.

Also, I was using pwnagetool for 4.0.1 for iOS4 to make the custom IPSW.

Maybe I should try to restore my old backup before when I completely removed the JB and made it completely stock.

12. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Don't go stock (official firmware). Phone has to be JB (not with Spirit) with iOS 3.13 or earlier to use pwnagetool custom iOS4 firmware.

13. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Hmm, can i download it on 3.1.3 and JB it, and then JB on a custom ios4?

14. newbiebreaker macrumors newbie

did anyone follow use verbose boot on the screen where you install cydia? that is how i bypassed the 1600 erorr. i am trying to get another iphone to jailbreak to give step by step on how.

15. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Hmm. Do you have a link with that? Ive read that the idea a site said to WITHOUT using the recovery mode after done packing the custom IPSW.

Ive tried that way too, and i keep getting 1604.

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

just a tip do some research before you JB it's really not that hard. but it does take some reading. but compared to other things jb is nothing! took me a few hours reading to feel comfortable jb.

17. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Im definitely comfortable for jb on my old 3Gs and my 2G, and my 3GS last year before on 3.1.1. I always used pwnagetool, and it was realllly easy. I never had any problems. Ive always used ultrasnow to unlock my 3G.

This only problem getting stuck on 1604 on itunes when restoring with my custom IPSW.

Ive tried everything with that. Ive been reading online for hours to fix this part. Its making me feel crazy now.

18. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Kinda depends what your situation is specifically, but see if this helps you out:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=960676

I just wrote this about a JB I did on a 3GS (old bootrom) which only had 3.1.3 blobs on file, and therefore could only be jailbroken using Spirit.

This explains how to bootstrap from 3.1.3 with Spirit-JB up to a fully jailbroken iOS4 using Pwnagetool (yes it is possible thanks to spirit2pwn).

19. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Thanks for all the help guys. I gave up on it. I'm just going to sell it stock without unlocked. Ohwell. Normally. I've never had a problem like this so difficult. Dang.

20. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well I guess it is. it was easy for most of us, but as long as the end result is ya sell it..