3GS, iPad BB 4.1 Unlock Issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by UrBoyTim, Sep 8, 2011.

1. UrBoyTim macrumors member

I've already unlocked this phone once, but now I'm having difficulty... It was on 4.2.1 with ipad bb and worked fine.
    I stopped getting service on t-mobile after like 2 months, so I read that I needed to redo the whole jailbreak/unlock process. So I did that, bricked it, and could only restore with 4.1 because I was stupid and didn't have any blobs.

Now when I install cydia and then Ultrasn0w (I still have ipad bb), I can't connect to T-mobile. I've done all the steps like putting it in and out of airplane mode and power cycling, but I'm not sure what the reason is.

Basically, I want to know if it could it be the version of redsn0w I used? Or Is there a way to get it back to 4.2.1 (tinyumbrella keeps in recovery for some reason)?

I feel like I'm close, but I don't know what to do, lol
    Thanks a lot guys!

2. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

there has been cases like yours where the baseband just stop working. no one know for sure if is a baseband problem or the device been blacklisted by the carrier. i personally have a 3g that never worked again but have worked on dozens of other devices with iPad BB that are still working. the only think i can tell you is to do the Baseband update process using redsn0w again not just the jailbreak but the whole process again.

3. UrBoyTim thread starter macrumors member

rough..lol.
    I'll try it out and let you know.
    Thanks!

4. UrBoyTim thread starter macrumors member

No luck..
    my next question would be to upgrade to the 4.3.5 from 4.1.
    When I open Cydia it says SHSH: iOS 4.1, 4.3.5.
    Does that mean I can upgrade? And if so, how would I do that?

5. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

well 4.3.5 is the current firmware you can upgrade to it even you did not had blobs for it cuz is currently been sign by apple. now you installed the iPad baseband on the 3Gs and there is no way to upgrade to another baseband. a downgrade method is in the works but is not out yet (dev team been talking about it since december 2010) so no you can not change that baseband.